Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm gonna be a Nana?

After a week of nausea and wanting so badly to talk to my Mom about it, I decided I couldn't wait any longer. I had to tell my parents. As luck would have it my Nannaw was going to be in town as well. Lou laughed. I know he understands. He's almost slipped a few times talking to his Mom and Dad. So, we are going to visit them this weekend and tell them the good news. Neither one of us could ever imagine breaking the greatest news in the world over the phone. We got to my Mom and Dad's and our good friends Curtis and Viva were there as well. We got everyone in the house and passed out early Father's Day presents and late Mother's Day presents. As my Dad was reading his Great Dane mug and looking at the baby bibs that were rolled up inside it was obvious that he wasn't getting the meaning of the bibs. While my Mom was looking funny at her Nana charm bracelet and not getting it either. Curtis and Viva were a different story both looking at us an looking at my parents in awe that they weren't getting it. Finally, someone figured it out and then it was all hugs and laughter. Calls were then made to my Aunt Jan and Uncle Tom who whooped and hollered in excitement. My Aunt Barbara was also totally excited. Christmas is going to be a blast this year! Lou has been joking with me that since my tummy is already getting pretty big that there are probably twins in there. I'm sure there's not, but the funny thing is that when we got home yesterday afternoon I checked my email only to find that Joel and Joanna (Lou's cousin and wife in Tennessee) are having twins! I started laughing. I'm so happy for them!!! According to Joanna's blog she is due the week before I am. I'm thinking that Big Lou and Johnie will be as thrilled to learn about their new leap to grandparent status when we tell them this weekend. We are so excited and can't wait to let everyone know that the first actual Lawrence grandchild is on the way!

No comments: