Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A week later...

It has been a week and I think I took close to 15 tests, but the only one that mattered was today's. It's still positive. I called and made my first doctor's appointment today. They want to wait to see me around 7-8 weeks along, so that means waiting a few more weeks. Lou and I decided to wait and tell our parent's on Father's Day, which is almost a month away. I don't know if I can hold out that long, but I'm going to try for the sake of surprising them. We are going to go to Georgia to tell Big Lou and Johnie, but we have to find airfare first. We have ordered little baby bibs to give to our Dad's that say "Grandpa's Future Fishing Buddy" (for my Dad) and "Grandpa's Golfing Buddy" (for Lou's Dad), and for our Mom's we bought them James Avery Charm bracelets with their first "Nana" charm on it. We also bought books from Barnes and Noble for the grandparents to fill out for the baby detailing life milestones, etc. When I read the book in the store I started crying. Hormones do sneak up on you. I know they will all be as surprised as we were!

No comments: