Tuesday, June 17, 2008
The luck of the chicken
Have you ever wondered what the Chicken did to get the Pox? What strange series of events occurred to call them the Chicken Pox? Why not the Hippo Pox? What exactly is a Pox anyway? When I had the Chicken Pox many moons ago I specifically remember them as puss filled, oozing bumps of ferocious itchiness. Where is this leading you may be asking yourself... Well, a lady here in the office just discovered she has the Chicken Pox for the 2nd time. Yes, you heard me and apparently it IS possible. This normally would alarm me, but I have worked closely with this lady for the last two days. She has touched everything in my office. Our office manager came in my office this morning frantically saying "stay away from her she has the Pox!" Too little too late. I called my doctor's nurse and she was more than surprised. She said that they'll have to run a series of test tomorrow to determine if I've caught the Pox again. If so, there is nothing we can do. I get to continue my ravenous itching for another few weeks (remembering that I'm still peeling from the preggie burn of '08). She did say that if I didn't already have an appointment tomorrow that she would have made an emergency appointment for me which really did nothing to calm my nerves. So, now that I have this idea in my head I'm naturally starting to itch all over. AHHH! Can I get a friggin break!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment