Friday, October 17, 2008
Stupid Rules
We've had a set back in our attempt to have an 08 baby. We never really anticipated having the baby that early, but when the idea was posed we got a little excited. This week labor and delivery called and said that they will not allow an "elective" c-section to occur before 38 weeks due to serious medical and legal ramifications. The absolute earliest we can schedule our c-section is 1/9/2009, which is still ok with me. So, now the new date of arrival is 1/9/09...unless he gets excited about meeting his mommy and daddy and comes early on his own. We've been having a lot of fun over the past few weeks. Lou and I went to the Texans game and we finally won one!! The cannon that explodes after every touchdown started the baby, which was funny. The baby has been VERY active and Lou and I take time every night to feel the miracle growing inside my belly. He's found his favorite hang out spot which is just under my ribs on my left side. He curls up and hangs out for hours. It gets a little hard to bend over or breathe, but he likes it there so I don't complain. What I do complain about is the weight. It is getting increasingly difficult to move or find a comfortable position sitting, standing, sleeping, etc. Plus, I'm getting the third trimester sleepies a full two weeks early. I've had to start taking in iron supplement because I'm Anemic, so I'm hoping that helps with some much needed energy. On the home front all is looking great. I haven't been out there since Tuesday, but I know we at least have a slab. Yep! They poured our slab on Monday or Tuesday, so now it's time to stress the post-tension foundation and start the framing! I'm going to try and find our camera so we can take pictures of the belly and the home site. We are so excited that the house is under way. Now we just need someone to love our old house. We had our first showing this week, but there wasn't any evidence that someone was in the house. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I completely feel your "uncomfortableness" because I am there too... sitting at work too long, finding the right spot that doesn't hurt my back or let gravity pull my belly down where it hurts, and finding the best sleep spot. I am with you! And believe me, am sooo tired at the end of each day, yet I feel like there is much to get done before these little ones arrive, it is hard for me to just sit down and put my feet up! I just tell myself this is what all moms experience and that ultimately I am so grateful that it all won't matter in a few months anyway! You are in our thoughts & prayers!!!
Post a Comment