Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Build baby build

Our house started last week! I drove out to our lot on Monday expecting nothing to be done, but to my surprise there was a foundation form and 9 loads of dirt. The construction manager has to set up a meeting with us now to go over all the in's and out's of our house, so I'm anticipating that meeting! Most of you probably don't know that I have EXTENSIVE construction knowledge from my years selling for Coventry Homes. It was part of our job description to have knowledge of the construction process, but I worked with only NASA engineers so I had to be well equipped to hold my own against those know-it-alls. Our construction manager won't be able to put anything past me. Our house will officially go up on MLS tomorrow for sale or lease. We've listed it at $259,990 so if you know anyone that wants to live downtown give me a shout! We're also listing it for lease at either $2200 or $2000 a month. Last weekend we totally gutted the house minus the absolute essentials. We left our bedroom furniture, a couch, our big tv, the coffee table, and our dining room table. That's it. We packed and loaded storage last weekend, which went very well. We had Lou, Johnie, Lou, Ryan, and useless me.
All is going well on the baby front. I go in for the glucose test on Thursday. There has been much action in the belly lately. Baby Lawrence is shaping up to be a mover and a shaker! My belly button is all but gone, and Lou just loves touching it and making fun of it. He's so supportive. **eyes rolling** The baby punched me the other day as I was feeling around to find him. I think he was face up when I found his head and as I pushed in he punched me. It startled me! I can't wait to meet this little guy! Jenna and Gretchen are preparing for the baby shower to come in November. We have finished registering at Babies R Us and JC Penny.
Ok, gotta go. Lou just put on the Presidential debate, so now I have to go get mad at stupidity in prime time. Check in soon!

No comments: