

We finished registering for the baby this weekend, and we were totally unprepared for how much stuff there is to choose from. It really is mind boggling. We were there for 2.5 hours and still had gaps in the registry. Geesh! Lou and I did have fun though going through the store and visualizing actually using this stuff with our little boy. He got into it more than he'll admit. Then our sales counselor from Ryland called and told us about the huge sale at Carter's this weekend. Big mistake. Lou, Johnie, Ryan and I piled in the car and went baby clothes shopping. L5 is equipped with clothes for a while! Boy clothes are definitely not as cute as the girls, but we did get some really cute stuff. I know I should wait...but I did plan ahead and got some long sleeve stuff for 3-6 months since that will be the "cold" time here in Houston and cooler more summer like stuff for 6-9 months. It's hard to pass up 60% off. We even got him his first bathing suit! All in all, it was a great baby centric weekend. We got two things for us as well. We bought a Boppy for me to sleep with since it is getting increasingly difficult to sleep on my side, and a Prenatal Listener. The Listener isn't like the Doppler they use in the doctors office, instead you can actually listen to what your baby is doing. You can hear the heartbeat, hiccups, nutrient flowing through the umbilical cord. Really cool! It's best used during the 3rd trimester, but we went ahead and got it. We tried last night but all we could hear was my stomach. I tried again this morning while Lou was in the shower and BAM! I found him. He was hiding on my left side. I turned down the volume on the machine so I could yell to Lou without blowing out my eardrums. As Lou was scurrying to get out of the shower to come listen, L5 caught on to us and moved and went into silent mode. He's tricky and crafty...a bit too much like his parent's! We also contemplated not naming him Lou 5. We heard the name Sebastian and loved it. So far, we're having mixed reviews about this name too. At least we have 3 more months before we have to make a final decision. We finally took some belly pictures for your viewing amazement. Here I am at 20 weeks. Half way!!

No comments:
Post a Comment