We went to see Dr. Moore this week for our 39th week visit and the first thing he asked was "So, you're still pregnant?!". Ha! I never would have thought that I'd make it full term, but here we are... I've been feeling ALOT!!!! of pressure and some pretty nasty Braxton-Hicks, so Dr. Moore examined me to check my progress. I've been dilated 2cm for several weeks, but this week we learned that I'm still only 2 cm, but I'm 100% effaced and the baby is at zero station. Zero station means that the baby's head is at the cervix and ready to come out. Dr. Moore offered to do something to the membrane to get me started in natural labor, but when I turned to Lou for his opinion his face was white as a ghost. It was by far the funniest thing I'd ever seen. He's been waiting and wanting to meet his first born for months, but facing the automatic thought of meeting him within a few hours threw him for a little loop. We decided to give it another week and if he hasn't come by the next appointment then we'll do the membrane thing. Dr. Moore said that since I'm at the stage that I'm at that I shouldn't have a long labor, which sounds good to me. Of course, we'll see if the baby has other plans for Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment