Monday, December 29, 2008

Will 2008 please go away?

This week has already turned out to be the crappiest week ever. First, Lou and I noticed that our doggies weren't really eating and then all of a sudden Izzy Belle started to vomit constantly. Then, my Mom calls and tells me that she just got home from the hospital because my Dad has been admitted again and has lost alot of blood. Both of course occur within just a few hours of each other and send me over the deep end. I was not great company yesterday. Lou and I decided to take Izzy to the emergency vet to get looked at and we're glad we did. She was so severely dehydrated that she was on the verge of having her vital systems shut down. We had to leave her there overnight, which just about killed both of us. We are so attached to our puppies and having to leave one behind left a tear in both of our eyes. After we left the emergency vet we headed over to see my Dad. He looked a lot better than I had imagined. He was getting some color back in his cheeks, which was a pleasant change because he's been the color of death for a month or so. He docs figured that his blood pressure meds had thinned his blood too much, and he was getting blood clots as well as severely bleeding from other areas. He was scheduled t have a procedure done today to help remove any car tissue and remaining clots from his bladder today, but the procedure got postponed until Wednesday. When Lou and I got home last night, we crashed. This day was horrible, but sticking with tradition...it would get worse.
We woke up today all excited to go get our little girl only to get to the emergency vet and find out that we have to take er immediately over to our regular vet to continue IV fluids and observation. The vets don't know, and still don't know, what is wrong with her. She still can't keep anything down, so that is 3 days of vomiting and no bowel movements. We've spend as much money on vet bills in the last two days as we paid for her, which is a truly scary amount. We now have to take her to an internist to find out what's wrong. As I sit here typing, she is laboring to breathe and has thrown up 4 times since being home. It's enough to make me break down in tears. So, that's the story with our little girl, but it gets even more stressing with my Dad. We went to see him this afternoon and he's lost his color, again. The Urologist informed us that his largest tumor has tripled in size in the last three months, which was a total shock since his form of cancer is supposed to grow half a centimeter a year and his grew 6 centimeters in 3 months. He may loose his kidney now, which is a scary thought since his other kidney has cancer in it too! While we were there clots formed and blocked the catheter which caused tremendous pressure to back up into his system. It's never a pleasant sight to see the strongest man in the world struggle to formulate words to express the pain he's in. Lou and I left before the worst of it. When people ask me how my Dad is doing I always say that my parents really don't discuss it with me because they don't want to worry me, which is a true statement. However, I can sense many things, and I've known for a long time just how sick my Dad is, and that it's not getting better. I really don't think there is much time left and it really angers me to think that this little boy growing inside my belly may not get the chance to go fishing with his Grandpa, or that I may not get another Christmas with him. **changing subject**
Speaking of the little guy in my belly...he'll be here soon. Last week at our appointment, my cervix was softening, his heartbeat was slowing, and he was definitely dropping. Today we had an appointment, between other hospital visits, and learned that I'm already 2cm dilated and 70% effaced. I've been having alot of pressure down there and I figured that I was dilating. I will say that I wish that I'd picked a doc with smaller hands because when Dr. Moore said that there would be a little bit of pressure as he checked me...he lied...there was ALOT OF PRESSURE! I will be screaming "DRUG ME NOW!" as soon as I arrive at the hospital when I go into labor. If it hurts just getting examined... AHHHHH! So, I'm thinking my totally stressed out body will go into labor this week sometime. We'll be finishing packing our bags tomorrow just in case... That's all I can report for now. I'm too stressed, sad, anxious and tired to think anymore.

1 comment:

Amy C said...

Cancer SUCKS! I am so sorry for what your dad is going through and the family, as well. Hang on to hope...amazing, miraculous things happen with the worst diagnosis. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 5 years ago...it still has not come back. I hear turns for the beeter stories all the time. Holding his new grandson will do wonders for him! And, I understand your worry for your baby Izzy...I am sure the vets will make her all better! We're praying for y'all!