Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Been Awhile

It's been a few weeks since my last post and so much has happened. Where to begin? Oh, yes...how about this for starters...I'M SICK! It started last week with allergies and escalated to a full blown upper respiratory infection. I'm sitting here bed ridden and hopped up on a Z-Pack. I still feel like warmed over curdled milk in a jug that's been run over by a Semi carrying a load of downer cows to the slaughter house. Yuck, that's pretty graphic, but totally accurate. I went to the doctor yesterday when it became apparent that this wasn't going to clear up on it's own thanks to the great preggie immune system that I've got going on. Doesn't that seem backwards to you? I think that when you get pregnant your body should put up a defense system that even a Klingon warship couldn't get past. Speaking of downer immune systems, I guess there is nothing to worry about on the Chicken Pox front. I donated all that blood to science and I haven't heard a drop of info since. Well, I say I haven't heard anything but I have. The results from my first Pap Smear came back bad. Seems as if my Cervical Dysplasia has flared up again. When we go in for my next appointment my doctor will have to perform a colposcopy. I'm pretty confident that she won't take any biopsy's considering that we're already concerned that my cervix isn't thick enough as it is. She has to look at the depth of my cervix next time and it may have to be sewn shut. That sure does sound like a whole lotta fun!

As if all my medical woes weren't keeping us busy enough we're now contemplating a move. It seems that we contemplate a move every three to six months, but now that our family is about to double in size (baby and Ryan) we are seriously thinking of a three bedroom. We have had several people express a serious interest in renting our house. There is a rush of people moving inner loop because they're tired of paying the stupid price of gas to drive to work. We're still not really ready to make our way up tot he north side, so we did a little looking around down here for either a little house or another town home that is freestanding with a little yard. We found a small community in the quiet area of Rice Military, which is a block off of Memorial. The house sits behind the baseball field for St. Thomas High School. Can anyone say hells yeah! How many will be lining up outside our house to go watch Craig Biggio coach his St. Thomas baseball team! The house is really pretty. It's just over 2000 square feet with three bedrooms and a study area. The builder is Carmel Homes (www.carmelbuilderstx.com; look at Dickson Place at Jackson Hill), which is a division of MHI. Most of you remember that I worked for MHI for a few years, so we're hoping to get a good deal. All of the units are freestanding, which means they aren't attached to the houses next door, and they have little yards. By little I mean little, but manageable with two tiny dogs. We are just in the beginning stages, so we'll keep you posted on the house progress. We still have to finish painting our house along with a few odds and ends before we really delve into buying another house.
Oh yeah I almost forgot! Yesterday at the doctors office I got to hear the baby's heart beat!!! I sounds like a tiny train chuggin' along. It took nurse Nan a little while to find it and the whole time I was holding my breath in fear that she wouldn't find it, but she did! Lou was so upset that he missed it!! It was definitely the best part of the day, well that and the second I picked up my Z Pack!

No comments: